Skip to main content

One chance can change life

*The consequences of our actions*      

A young man saw his primary school teacher on a wedding.
He went to greet him with all the respect and admiration.
He said to him:
"Do you remember me, Teacher?"
The teacher said: "No, introduce yourself."
The student said: "I was your student in the 3rd Grade, I am the one who stole the watch of a child in the classroom. I will remind you but I am sure you remember the story."

One of the boys in my class had a beautiful watch, so I decided to steal it.               
He came to you crying that someone had stolen his watch. 
You asked us to stand so as to search our pockets.      
I realized that my action would be exposed in front of the Students and Teachers.
I will be called a thief, a liar and my character will be shattered forever.

You asked us to stand and face the wall and close our eyes completely.
You went searching from pocket to pocket, and when you reached my pocket you pulled the watch out of my pocket, and you continued until you searched the last student.

After you finished you asked us to open our eyes and to sit on our chairs.     
I was afraid you will expose me in front of the students.

You showed the watch to the class, and gave it back to the boy, and you never mentioned the name of the one who stole the watch.
You never said a word to me, and you never mentioned the story to anyone. 

Throughout my school life, none of the teachers nor the students talked about me stealing the watch.       
I thought to myself you saved my dignity that day.

Do you remember me?
How can you not remember me, Teacher?
I was your student and I am sure you remember the story, that I stole the watch and you did not want to embarrass me. This story is unforgettable.

The teacher said: "I can't remember who stole the watch that day, because I searched the pockets of all of you while my eyes were also closed."

Education needs wisdom. We should be able to be such Teachers, such Parents, such Leaders and be able to be for people in such circumstances.  
We should always calculate the consequences of our actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING AT WIPRO

HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING AT WIPRO Overview of Wipro Wipro started   as vegetable oil company in 1947  Azim Premji, a graduate in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, at the age 21, repositioned and transformed Wipro (Western India Vegetable Products Ltd) into a consumer goods company  Producing hydrogenated cooking oils, laundry soap, wax and tin containers. 1975 - Wipro Fluid Power to manufacture hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders. At that time, it was valued at $2 million. 1977 - Entry into information technology sector. 1979 - developing its own computers 1981 - selling the finished product. 1980 - moved in software development 2000 - Wipro Ltd ADRs were listed on the New   York Stock Exchange. Employs more than 1,00,000 people in over 50 countries.  A career at Wipro means to learn and grow continuously, opportunities to work on the latest technologies alongside the finest minds in the industry, competitive salaries, stock options and

Three Tips for Motivating Your Customer Service Team

Three Tips for Motivating Your Customer Service Team Scripting exactly what customer service employees should do in every situation drains the initiative out of even the most highly motivated workers ! But when you set up a system that enables you to trust your employees to exercise their own judgment and learn from their experience, they may well deliver a far better customer experience. (1) Establish guardrails !  People handling calls should understand where they have latitude and where they don’t. Within those guardrails, your team should be free to exercise judgment. (2) Seek feedback.  Ask customers for feedback after each transaction. Circulate the comments to team leaders so they can see where they’re succeeding, where they still have work to do, and what, specifically, your customers point out. (3)Coaching and support.  Free your supervisors and experienced customer care professionals from some tasks so they can devote time to coach

Create a Work Environment That Encourages Employee Engagement

Create a Work Environment  That Encourages Employee Engagement Your Managers Are Key When You Want Engaged Employees BY  SUSAN M. HEATHFIELD Does your workplace encourage employee engagement? Probably not. But, it should. It's a powerful factor in your business success. Engaged employees are more productive, customer-focused, and profit-generating and employers are more likely to retain them. According to the Gallup organization, employee engagement is a necessary strategy for companies that want to succeed in the marketplace.  Employee engagement is not a Human Resources initiative that managers are reminded to do once a year. It's a key strategic initiative that drives employee performance, accomplishment, and continuous improvement all year long. It's the outcome from how your organization interacts with people to drive business results. Just as organizations cannot create employee empowerment, employee motivation, or employee satisfactio